[Bro] HTTP Question

Nicholas Weaver nweaver at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Nov 9 11:06:11 PST 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 01:54:19PM -0500, Jean-Philippe Luiggi composed:
> Diogo Corteletti de Oliveira a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> >             Can BRO alarm on non-http traffic over port 80?
> >

> Hello Diogo,
>
> I think so if you use DPD (dynamic protocol detection).
> Please note there's already a file "detect-protocols.bro" which
> is able to find connections with protocols on non-standard ports.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jean-philippe.

Note also to make this more reliable, you should set dpd_buffer_size
to a significantly longer size, otherwise larger POST requests may not
be recognized.

EG,

redef dpd_buffer_size = 4096;
or
redef dpd_buffer_size = 10000;

Nicholas C. Weaver                               nweaver at icsi.berkeley.edu
     This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for higher security.