[Bro] Enhancing/Redefing records and Overloading functions

Vern Paxson vern at icir.org
Mon Oct 1 07:57:23 PDT 2007

> is it possible to enhance or to redef records that are allready definied
> in some policy scripts?

Not in terms of adding fields to them.  We've done some work on adding
this sort of object-oriented features, and there's some mechanism under
the covers to support it.  But to date it hasn't been clear it's worth the
considerable effort to get it fully working.

> Another interessting question would be if there is some way of overloading
> functions in policy scripts?

This would be something that might also naturally come with OO-orientation ...

		Vern