[Bro] Problems compiling with --enable-int64

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Apr 15 18:30:27 PDT 2008

--On April 15, 2008 4:02:14 PM -0700 Vern Paxson <vern at icir.org> wrote:

>> That did not fix the problem.
>
> Rats.  Well, this doesn't repreoduce for me (w/ g++ 4.0.1), so I'm
> reduced to guessing.  The next thing I'd try is
>
> 	return new Val(abs(bro_int_t(val.int_val)), TYPE_COUNT);
>
> but if that doesn't work, I'm not sure what next to try.
>
> 		Vern

Sadly, that did not work either.  I'm afraid I'm not a programmer, so all
I can do is follow your lead.  For now I'll make that option is
non-working and continue working on the update to the port.

If anyone on the list has the same version of gcc and can test this and
find a resolution, please post it to the list.  I'll include a patch in
the port to fix it.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas