[Bro] Problems compiling with --enable-int64

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Apr 15 19:42:33 PDT 2008

--On April 15, 2008 9:07:28 PM -0500 Paul Schmehl <pauls at utdallas.edu>
wrote:

> I don't know the size of a long int on my system, but I'm almost certain
> that it won't be the same on *every* system.

Here's what I have in my includes:

/usr/src/sys/i386/include/_types.h:typedef      long long
__int64_t;
/usr/src/sys/i386/include/_types.h:typedef      unsigned long long
__uint64_t;
/usr/src/sys/i386/include/_types.h:typedef      long long
__int64_t;
/usr/src/sys/i386/include/_types.h:typedef      unsigned long long
__uint64_t;

Fixing the function per your instructions allows the software to make
successfully.  I'm concerned, however, about your second point.  If I
change the define in util.h, will it break on some FreeBSD systems?  I
don't know.

According to the cvs repository, _inttypes.h hasn't been changed in almost
six years on i386.
<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/i386/include/_inttypes.h>
It's been almost 5 years on amd64 and 5 years on ia64.

I guess I'm alright to redefine in util.h.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/