[Bro] Bro & Autoconf 2.62

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Wed Aug 27 06:50:37 PDT 2008

Hi Dan,

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 14:53 +0000, Daniel Kopeček wrote:
> Hi,
>  I encountered a problem with Autoconf during packaging Bro (svn rev.
> 6043) for Fedora 10

Cool. (The packaging, not the encounter. ;) May I ask what is your
strategy for the packaging? Ideally there'd be three separate RPMs for
Bro, Broccoli, and BinPAC, since they all serve different purposes and
just happen to live in a single tree (this has caused config headaches
more than once). Broccoli has a spec file, but I haven't touched it in a
while. The BinPAC tree at least has its own configure setup.

> and after consulting it with Stepan Kasal he
> created the attached patch that fixes this problem. It was caused by a
> collision with the internal variable in Autoconf 2.62.

Thanks -- the patch seems to do a little more than just rename a
colliding variable (which I presume was "simplified"). I like the use of
m4_translit, assuming it is provided by a wide range of m4 versions.
Also, I presume the purpose of option_checking is to keep
--enable-option-checking working?

--
Cheers,
Christian