[Bro] Bro & Autoconf 2.62

Daniel Kopeček dkopecek at redhat.com
Wed Aug 27 10:11:34 PDT 2008

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:50:37 +0200
Christian Kreibich <christian at whoop.org> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 14:53 +0000, Daniel Kopeček wrote:
> > Hi,
> >  I encountered a problem with Autoconf during packaging Bro (svn
> > rev. 6043) for Fedora 10
>
> Cool. (The packaging, not the encounter. ;) May I ask what is your
> strategy for the packaging? Ideally there'd be three separate RPMs for
> Bro, Broccoli, and BinPAC, since they all serve different purposes and
> just happen to live in a single tree (this has caused config headaches
> more than once). Broccoli has a spec file, but I haven't touched it
> in a while. The BinPAC tree at least has its own configure setup.

At the moment, only one package exists that installs only Bro.
Here is the CVS url: http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/bro/
RPMs are here:

And I forgot to mention that there was an another problem with "make
install" to a different DESTDIR. I wrote a patch for this which is
available in CVS
(http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/bro/devel/bro-20080804-installpolicy.patch?revision=1.1).

Dan