[Bro] linux vs freebsd

Stephen Smith ssmit7 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 19:43:48 PST 2008

It sounds like FreeBSD is still the way to go for production Bro boxes. I
have been very pleased with the speed and stability of FreeBSD 7, and 6.x
before it. My interest in running Bro on Linux was due to some issues
encountered in integrating FreeBSD into the enterprise environment I deal
with. Something like RHEL is accepted a bit more by the C&A auditors since
there are more defined "guidelines" for "securing" it. If that makes any
sense at all.
Stephen