[Bro] Bro crash with "bro: out of memory in new"

Seth Hall hall.692 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 15 09:16:26 PDT 2008

On Jul 15, 2008, at 11:30 AM, Gregory Brown wrote:

> I am getting crashes with the title "bro: out of memory in new".
> I am sending the debuger output for one of these crashes. Please
> advise any
> further information needed.

Your host ran out of memory :)

There are a couple of ways that I know of to compensate for this
happening regularly.  You can run a Bro cluster which spreads a good
deal of the memory load across all of the machines in the cluster or
you can run the prof.bro script and watch for the output of the global
variable sizes in the prof.log file and subsequently tune your
analysis to not store so much state.

  .Seth

---
Seth Hall