[Bro] Debugging and non-interactive install

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Fri Jun 20 08:49:10 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:37 -0400, Greg Lindon wrote:

> 1.  I need a non-interactive install of Bro.  I want to roll it out to a

I actually can't say much about the BroLite install (not very
familiar with the details of that), except that it's indeed not
really intended for non-interactive usage.

Our plan is to replace the current install process, as well as the
whole BroLite framework, with something based on the the Bro Cluster
setup. There's already prototype of this new scheme, see

       http://blog.icir.org/2008/04/interactive-shell-for-operating-bro.html

Note that while the Blog posting talks about an "interactive shell",
the installation is actually non-interactive and the result should
work well with an rpm-plus-svn scheme as you sketch (I believe; if
not we should fix that). So, perhaps you could give this a try? Any
feedback is appreciated.

> bro -d -r test.pcap local.clear-passwords

No, immediate idea. Can you please send the script?

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 666-2886 * robin at icir.org