[Bro] Throughput Problems

Joel Ebrahimi joel.ebrahimi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 19:46:04 PDT 2008

I also just tested this on a dual core intel platform running FC 6.
I get the same exact behavior. In this case I did the following:

./configure
make
make install
make install-brolite

( i had to remove the pre-generated parser code as well)

When I remove loading brolite from the site file I get exceptional
performance.

With brolite enabled it almost appears as if bro does nothing. When I send a
test pcap with 30K packets bro is only able to proces 1800. The cpu usage of
bro never even gets passed 5%.

// Joel