[Bro] Problem installing Bro

Sirisha akkala at Colorado.edu
Tue Nov 4 19:05:12 PST 2008

Hi I'm trying to install Bro from the source code in Robin's work branch. When I try the command ' ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make', BRO Build Tools Setup and Binpac Build Tools Setup go smoothly. but it errors out on Broccoli Build Tools Setup. following is the message.

 aclocal

running autoheader

running automake
src/Makefile.am:94: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
src/Makefile.am:94:
src/Makefile.am:94: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
src/Makefile.am:94: to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
*** ERROR(broccoli), aborting.
*** ERROR(bro), aborting.

I have libtool ver 2.2.6 installed on my computer. can you please tell me what might be wrong?
thanks,sirisha.