[Bro] ssh alternative ports

Robin Gruyters r.gruyters at snow.nl
Tue Nov 11 00:21:58 PST 2008

Hell all,

I'm trying to add an alternative port for ssh in my policy file, but somehow it
doesn't work. I get the following error message:

bro at nsm$ bro -r test.lpc tcp weird alarm ssh test print-filter
./test.bro, line 12 (ssh_ports): error, "redef" used but not previously defined
bro at nsm$

When I check the ssh.bro policy I can see that it is possible to redefine the
ssh_ports:
[ssh.bro]
..
global ssh_ports = { 22/tcp, } &redef;
..
[/ssh.bro]

Below is my test policy file:

[test.bro]
@load site

redef local_nets: set[subnet] = {
        10.1.1.0/24,
};

redef capture_filters += {
        ["ssh-alt"] = "tcp port 2122",
};

redef ssh_ports += {
        2122/tcp,
};
[/test.bro]

I have tried to add the module name, but no luck.

bro at nsm$ bro -r test.lpc tcp weird alarm ssh test print-filter
./test.bro, line 12 (SSH::ssh_ports): error, "redef" used but not previously
defined
bro at nsm$

With kind regards,

Robin Gruyters