[Bro] Bro 1.4 release now available

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Sat Oct 18 11:33:48 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 17:30 -0500, you wrote:

>  Reading changelog says brolite may be deprecated.  I see current
>  1.4 release is missing ../etc/bro.rc, ../etc/bro.cfg and
>  ../site/local.site.bro files amongst others even after running
>  "make install-brolite".

Hmmm... We'll look into that to see if it's an easy fix to get these
installed by "make install-brolite".

> Is there any other recommended way to start/stop/run bro ?

There's is nothigng which ships with 1.4 at this point but the
"Cluster Shell" we are working on has a "standalone mode" which
makes it suitable for normal, single-box installation as well. See

      http://blog.icir.org/2008/04/interactive-shell-for-operating-bro.html

This will likely become the standard installation scheme at some
point.

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 666-2886 * robin at icir.org