[Bro] Offline/Tracefile Traffic Classification with Bro

Isara Anantavrasilp isara.a at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 10:10:48 PDT 2008

Hi

Thanks for the advice and sorry for the late reply.
I have looked into wireshark even before Bro.
The problem that I have is that I have to classify the flows in
several extra-large traces.
And it cannot be done without some automated tools.

Up to now I have written a simple classifier based on libtrace but I
am not sure if my own signatures (as well as the algorithm) are valid.
And since Bro is designed to do the classification and it already has
signatures available.
I am hoping that with Bro mechanism, I can classify packets/flows
easier with higher accuracy.

-- Isara