[Bro] configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (long long), 77

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Thu Sep 11 04:28:06 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 11:22 -0400, Jim Bo wrote:
> I am trying to install BRO-1.3.2

On what platform and using which compiler version?

> and I get the following error when I run ./configure:
>
> checking for union semun... no
> checking for struct sembuf... yes
> checking for struct sockaddr_in.sin_len... no
> checking for long long... yes
> checking size of long long... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof
> (long long), 77

Could you post or send to me the relevant part of config.log? (Do a
quick search for "long long" in it; in your case it should be right at
the end of the file.) Usually what happens in situations like yours is
that an earlier problem spills over into the flags passed into
subsequent build checks.

--
Cheers,
Christian