[Bro] Record problem...

Navdeep Singh navdeepsuri13 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 23:14:02 PDT 2009

Hi Robin

Thanks for your help. I have got my mistake and what I wanted to do is done
but now I come to you point that

local id: con;
local id2: con2;
id2 = id;

is not right but it is "WORKING". Actaully read the following line is
documentaion in reference manual under *Record Assignment*:

In order to produce a *deep* copy, use the clone operator copy(). For more
details, see Expressions<http://www.bro-ids.org/wiki/index.php/Reference_Manual:_Statements_and_Expressions#Expressions>.

*You can also assign to a record another record that has fields with the
same names and types, even if they come in a different order*.

So I have noticed that even if *record types are different* but the *filed
names* and *types* inside these records are *same* then also *we can assign
*them to each other.

copy paste the following and see the output:

type con: record
{
orig_h: addr;
};