[Bro] BroLite install (was: Bro 1.4 release now available)

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Mon Jan 12 11:10:58 PST 2009

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 17:30 -0500, Aashish Sharma wrote:

>  Reading changelog says brolite may be deprecated.  I see current
>  1.4 release is missing ../etc/bro.rc, ../etc/bro.cfg and
>  ../site/local.site.bro files amongst others even after running
>  "make install-brolite".

It took me a bit to get back to this but there's now a patch for 1.4
at http://tracker.icir.org/bro/ticket/51 which I hope puts things
back into place for "make install-brolite". I would appreciate it if
somebody using BroLite could give it a try and let me know whether
this indeed fixes it. (Please add any feedback directly to the
tracker item).

Thanks,

Robin

P.S.: Please note that install-brolite remains deprecated and won't
see any further updates. This is just to avoid breaking existing
installations unnecessarily.

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 666-2886 * robin at icir.org