[Bro] Save the date: Another Bro Workshop

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Mon Jul 27 10:30:41 PDT 2009

Bro Workshop 2009, the 2nd.
===========================

The Bro team and the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab are pleased to
announce a further "Bro Workshop", a 2.5-day Bro training event that
will take place in Berkeley, CA, on October 13-15, 2009.

The workshop is primarily targeted at site security personnel
wishing to learn more about how Bro works, how to use its scripting
language and how to generally customize the system based on a site's
local policy.

Similar to previous workshops, the agenda will be an informal mix of
tutorial-style presentations and hands-on lab sessions. No prior
knowledge about using Bro is assumed though attendees should be
familiar with Unix shell usage as well as with typical networking
tools like tcpdump and Wireshark.

All participants are expected to bring a Unix-based (Linux, Mac OS X,
FreeBSD) laptop with a working Bro configuration. We will provide
sample trace files to work with.

This workshop will again be hosted by the Lawrence Berkeley National
Lab, and it will be located at the Hotel Durant in Berkeley. We will
soon provide a web site with more detailed registration and location
information. To facilitate a productive lab environment, the number
of attendees will be limited to 30 people. A registration fee of
$125 will be charged.

We also expect to have time for 2-3 case-study presentations from
people using Bro in their environments. If you have something you
would like to talk about, please send me a mail.

Looking forward to a great workshop,

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 666-2886 * robin at icir.org