[Bro] Hardware Experience

Martin Holste mcholste at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 07:50:07 PDT 2009

Cool!  But I can't believe you're Bro instance is doing much inspecting if
it's receiving line-rate packets and only using 1% CPU.  As I said before,
the majority of the CPU time is usually in pattern matching and protocol
decoding (which is basically pattern matching), so I'm assuming that unless
the pattern matching is also hardware accelerated, you're not pattern
matching much of the traffic being sent to Bro.  Is that the case?

Thanks,

Martin