[Bro] Hardware Experience

Nick Buraglio buraglio at illinois.edu
Mon Jun 29 14:22:05 PDT 2009

I actually did quite a bit of the work with Aashish on the Dag and
Myricom cards (I was the one that gave them to him back when I still
worked at NCSA), and like he said we had lots of issues with them.
Endace support was helpful but in the end it was a more supportable
direction to go with the Intel and Myricom cards.
Using NICs has proven to be very robust for us.  I have the cards that
I'd originally sent the mail out about running on a FreeBSD 7.2 system
watching pretty heavily loaded links and so far have not seen any
issues.

nb

---
Nick Buraglio
Network Engineer, CITES, University of Illinois
GPG key 0x2E5B44F4
Phone: 217.244.6428
buraglio at illinois.edu