[Bro] Hardware Experience

Sean McCreary mccreary at ucar.edu
Wed May 27 13:54:39 PDT 2009

I'd be careful about purchasing 10G NICs for packet capture.  I have not
been able to configure a FreeBSD 6.3 system with a Myricom Myri-10G NIC
to reliably capture traffic on a lightly loaded link (~2Mb/s, ~240
kpps).  One option I'm interested in trying is the Endace DAG,
<http://www.endace.com/dag-network-monitoring-cards.html>.  Does anyone
have experience using these cards with bro?