[Bro] Small bug in file rotate+setbuf

Seth Hall hall.692 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 2 06:19:25 PST 2009

On Nov 2, 2009, at 8:14 AM, Justin Azoff wrote:

> I tried to submit a ticket for this but it kept triggering the spam
> detecting...

Sorry about that, I'll add an account for you now.

If anyone else runs into issues with this, send me or Robin an email
and we'll get you setup with an account on tracker.  We've had to
continually make the ticket tracker more and more restricted due to
trouble with spammers.  At this point, you really need to have an
account to file or comment on a ticket.

> When files are rotated they lose their buffered flag, this is because
> File::Open only does a SetBuf when it opens the file itself, but
> Rotate calls
> rotate_file to open the file.

This seems to be related the issue that seems to be coming up more and
more frequently where any attribute applied to a file is lost if a new
file is assigned to the variable.  I'm wondering if when a file value
is assigned to a variable, we should be copying the attributes from
the existing variable to the value that's going to be assigned.  It
would mean that the attributes are more directly attached to the
variable than the value for files, but I'm starting the think that's
the correct behavior.  Robin, Vern?

   .Seth

---
Seth Hall