[Bro] brolval undefined?

Christian Kreibich christian at whoop.org
Tue Nov 3 14:31:09 PST 2009

Hi Kurt,

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 20:45 -0800, Kurt Grutzmacher wrote:
> ../src/.libs/libbroccoli.a(bro_lexer.o): In function `brolex':
> /home/grutz/bro-svn/bro-102809/aux/broccoli/src/bro_lexer.l:25:
> undefined reference to `brolval'
[...]

> Doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Any thoughts?

Mhmm ... I suspect what's going on here is that there is confusion in
the configure setup when it tries to detect your lex/yacc availability.
(We try to use lex/yacc when available to generate up-to-date parser
code, but fall back to pregenerated C code when they're not available.)

So as a workaround, I'd suggest making sure that you have some version
of lex and yacc installed (likely flex and bison). The output of the
configure script will tell you whether they were detected successfully.

In any case, could you please send me the full config.log from
aux/broccoli?

--
Cheers,
Christian