[Bro] Interface bonding w/ Bro 1.5.1

Mike Weaver weaver at ascr.doe.gov
Mon Apr 5 11:44:36 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrading from 1.4 to 1.5.1.  I have a splitter
feeding 2 NICs running on Ubuntu 8.04, eth0 & eth1.  With Bro 1.4 I could
specify interface="eth0 eth1" and set them up with no IP address.

This method does not seem to work w/ 1.5.1 so I started looking at ifenslave
and interface bonding.  This might work but requires an IP address to be
assigned to the bonded interface (bond0 in this case).

Any suggestions?  I can't find much in the way of applicable documentation.
I know that Ubuntu is not the development platform, but it fits into our
shop better than FreeBSD.

Thanks,

Mike

--
Mike Weaver
Office of Advanced Scientific Computing Research
weaver at ascr.doe.gov