[Bro] Time machine build.

Blake Mattern mattern at caltech.edu
Tue Apr 20 08:52:00 PDT 2010

Greetings all,

 I have a question regarding Time machine. I would like to find out why, when I attempt to compile Time machine it refuses to see broccoli.
Currently I have Bro running on a test instance (RHEL 5) and each time I compile Time machine I get this:

Time machine Configuration Summary
 - Debugging enabled:    no
 - broccoli support:     no
 - Using ptmalloc:       no

With no errors.

config.log:

configure:7028: checking for main in -lbroccoli
configure:7057: g++ -o conftest -g -O2 -O2 -g -Wall -I/usr/local/include -INONE/include -g -O2 -O2 -g -Wall -I/usr/local/include -INONE/include -INONE/include  -L/usr/local/lib -LNONE/lib conftest.cpp -lbroccoli  -lpcrecpp -lpcre -lpthread -lpcap  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbroccoli

ac_cv_lib_broccoli_main=no

I have a second instance of Bro (FreeBSD 8.0) in a virtual machine and I was able to compile and run Time machine without issue.
I would be happy to supply more info or if anyone has direction to some documentation about Time machine.

Thanks All,

 =-=Blake