[Bro] filtering types from http-ext-outbound.log

Ewald Beekman E.H.Beekman at amc.nl
Fri Aug 6 07:17:21 PDT 2010

Hi Seth,

Thanks for the quick reply.

If i use the redef in my local.bro config:

@load all-ext.bro
redef HTTP::logging = None;

http-ext-outbound.log stays empty, even when i download some executables
myself.

Next i removed the redef from my local.bro config
and tried to change ignored_urls from the file
http-ext-identified-files.bro

from:

const ignored_urls = /^http:\/\/(au\.|www\.)?download\.windowsupdate\.com\/msdownload\/update/ &redef;

in:

const ignored_urls = /^http:\/\/.*\.(jpg|png|html|gif|htm)$/ &redef;

But that doesn't stop those from being logged :-(

thanks in advance,

Ewald...

--
Ewald Beekman, CISSP. Academic Medical Center, NL