[Bro] Using BRO for measuring TCP flow bandwidth

Harkeerat Bedi hsbedi at memphis.edu
Wed Aug 11 20:18:36 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am a beginner to BRO IDS and am currently using it for monitoring one
interface of a FreeBSD machine over an experiment network.

Part of my project now requires to also capture the network bandwidth being
utilized by a flow that passes thorough the BRO monitored  interface. By
flow we mean, a source-destination IP pair.

Is this kind of measurement possible in BRO? If not, is there any add-on
which can be used to accomplish the same task using BRO?

Kindly suggest and thanks in advance.

Regards,
Harkeerat Bedi