[Bro] A few questions

Seth Hall hall.692 at osu.edu
Thu Feb 4 08:28:19 PST 2010

On Feb 4, 2010, at 11:06 AM, Tyler Schoenke wrote:

> It looks like Click is available for FreeBSD.  I'd like to test that
> see if I can gain some performance.  I am having difficulty
> compiling it
> on FreeBSD 7.1 amd64 however.  If anyone has Click/FreeBSD working,
> please let me know.

I've run it on my FreeBSD based workers before, but I'm not
currently.  You can email me offlist with the error you're
encountering, I may be able to help.

> The Bro wiki mentions that Click! is limited to 2Gbps in tests.  I
> wonder if that is still true?  I was thinking about the possibility of
> installing a 10 Gig card in the current server as well as some
> additional 1 Gig ports.

Keep in mind that if you run Click in user land, you're not going to
get anywhere near the theoretical peak and you can't run Click in
kernel land on FreeBSD.  I don't know if Click has driver support for
any 10G interfaces to do polling in the kernel either.  You may want
to look into that if it's an option you're exploring.

   .Seth

---
Seth Hall
Network Security - Office of the CIO