[Bro] A few questions

Tyler Schoenke Tyler.Schoenke at colorado.edu
Mon Feb 8 09:40:57 PST 2010

Just an update, the Intel Research Labs driver and Click code is available:

http://routebricks.org/code.html

I'm going to give this a try.  If this works, I may be able to turn my
current Bro server into a ~10 Gbps front-end router/load-balancer.  That
should be quite a bit cheaper than a commercial load balancer.  Workers
could potentially be run on this server as long as they didn't degrade
the Click performance, otherwise, we could buy a switch and more COTS
servers to use as workers.

The hardware requirements appear to be Intel 'Oplin' 10GbE 82598EB NICs,
and a server with Nehalem (not VanHalen) architecture that can run Linux
kernel 2.6.24.7.

Tyler