[Bro] bro.rc file missing

Priyadarsan Roy proy at netzary.com
Tue Jan 5 03:20:43 PST 2010

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version of bro 1.5. On installation following

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/bro
make
sudo make install
sudo make install-brolite

towards the end of make install-brolite I got this

make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/products/bro-1.5.1/aux'
/bin/chown -R `cat scripts/bro_user_id` /usr/local/bro/
cat: scripts/bro_user_id: No such file or directory
/bin/chown: missing operand after `/usr/local/bro/'
Try `/bin/chown --help' for more information.
make: [install-brolite] Error 1 (ignored)
Please run "/usr/local/bro/etc/bro.rc --start" to start bro

Now I see that there is no file /usr/local/bro/etc/bro.rc on searching the archives I see that other users have got the same problem and
that there is a patch file for an earlier version.

I am installing this on an Ubuntu installation version 8.10. Am I missing some thing here to solve this issue ?

Thanks and Regards,
P Roy

--
Netzary InfoDynamics