[Bro] 64-bit?

Scott Sakai ssakai at sdsc.edu
Wed Jun 30 14:43:07 PDT 2010

I encountered underruns and corruption while using bropipe to send
datatypes involving an int (count, port...) to Bro.  The underlying issue
seems to be that broccoli is sending a 32-bit int and Bro is expecting a
64-bit one.

In what is probably the Wrong Way(tm) to approach the problem, I patched
broccoli to send 64-bit ints with the high 32 bits zeroed.

--
Scott Sakai
Security Analyst
ssakai at sdsc.edu