[Bro] Timemachine and Bro 1.5.1?

Seth Hall hall.692 at osu.edu
Tue Mar 2 13:28:48 PST 2010

On Mar 2, 2010, at 4:06 PM, Powell, Scott wrote:

> I noticed the latest download of timemachine is from February of
> 2009. However Bro 1.5.1 is a lot newer than that. Is anyone running
> the newest Bro IDS with timemachine? If so what is the workaround or
> fix for the above error?

The Broccoli API changed and Time Machine was not updated for the
change.

I suppose this is as good of a time as any to announce the move of the
Time Machine project from TU-Berlin to ICSI.  The source code
repository is now public and there is a ticket tracker.  You should be
able to find everything at the following URL:
     http://tracker.icir.org/time-machine

The change needed is actually very small and someone may provide a
patch, but I'm hoping in the next day or two to get some time (sigh)
to do the patch and make a new release of Time Machine available.

I'd also like to say thanks to all involved parties for making it
possible to move the Time Machine project to ICSI!

---
Seth Hall
Network Security - Office of the CIO
The Ohio State University