[Bro] Bro Memory Consumtion

Seth Hall hall.692 at osu.edu
Thu Mar 18 06:46:39 PDT 2010

Instead of loading each of the "logging." scripts, you could just load
enable-ext-logging at the top.

Oh!  I think I just noticed your problem (and it's my fault!).  Remove
dns-passive-replication.bro from your list of scripts and I think your
memory problems will go away.  The two dns scripts need work still.  I
may merge the two together at some point, but they don't clean up
after themselves very well yet and they *do* cause bad memory
consumption problems.  Sorry about that!  I really need to get all of
the documentation written for my scripts. :)

   .Seth

On Mar 18, 2010, at 9:30 AM, Powell, Scott wrote:

> I am loading the new one (http-ext-identified-files). I completely
> removed the old script as well as its @load statement.
>
> Here are the scripts of Seth's that I'm currently running:
>
> @load dns-passive-replication
> @load http-ext-identified-files
> @load http-hash
> @load known-hosts