[Bro] Bro Memory Consumtion

Powell, Scott powellsm at musc.edu
Thu Mar 25 12:45:27 PDT 2010

I recompiled without IPv6 and int64 today and so far my memory footprint is considerably lower, as expected. I will keep an eye on it over the next few days (I have disabled my nightly restart cron) and see how it behaves.

We have just brought IPv6 to our border router and will soon be testing it in the perimeter. Hopefully by the time we get anywhere close to wide spread usage Bro will have better support for it. Wishful thinking, huh? :)