[Bro] Filtering based on port-number

Peter Erickson redlamb19 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:41:00 PDT 2010

I thought the same thing when I first started looking at Bro and it's
dynamic protocol detection (dpd) about 2 months ago. Take a look at the
dpd wiki page which gives a good description of how it works. It also
states:

when loading dpd you may need to change the filter to include all
packets, e.g. on the command line:
bro -f "tcp or udp or icmp" ...

** Sunjeet Singh <sstattla at gmail.com> [2010-10-07 10:47:06 -0700] **