[Bro] Signatures

David Rodrigues david.network.security at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 07:42:29 PST 2011

Thanks Seth. But I still have no information in log files.

My files are simple, but maybe something is wrong...

local.site.bro:
@load site
@load signatures
@load notice
redef signature_files += "/opt/bro/site/signatures.sig";

signatures.sig:
signature sig-1-1 {
  event "my signature"
  payload /.*my/
}

I have also tried to change local.site.bro to:
@load site
@load signatures
@load notice
redef signature_files += "/opt/bro/site/signatures.sig";
redef signature_actions += {
  ["sig-1-1"] = SIG_FILE,
};

./bro --debug-rules -i eth2 /opt/bro/site/local.site.bro
outputs:
1297265765.179661 SensitiveSignature 192.168.1.60: my signature

But I still have empty log files (notice.log and signatures.log).