[Bro] Bro 1.5.2 release now available

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Thu Jan 13 08:43:31 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 11:05 -0500, sridhar basam wrote:

> First of all thanks for a new release of bro.

You're welcome.

> Could i request you make the releases available via HTTP too, if possible.

It's now available via HTTP as well:

    http://www.bro-ids.org/download/bro-1.5.2.tar.gz

> The patch had to do with enabling the HTTP analyser to kick in even for
> connections where we miss the tcp handshake.

Hmm ... I don't remember that patch right now. Could you see whether
is already recorded with the tracker at http://tracker.icir.org, and
if not, open a new ticket. Thanks!

However, in any case, it sounds like this patch is changing Bro's
semantics in terms of how/when connections are analyzed, which
generally is something we prefer to avoid doing for maintainace
releases like this one.

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org