[Bro] Fwd: problem installing bro on ubuntu 10.04

rajasekhar reddy orsr88 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 10:43:31 PST 2011

hi guys thanks for ur concern
please i am very new to linux any one pls help me

i found some thing to wrk on bro ids..

can anyone tell me how to do these steps in configuring these steps in
configuration of bro ids

   -

   The installation installs three configuration files which you should
   edit:
   -

      etc/broctl.cfg is the overall *BroControl* configuration. Initially,
      you probably only need to edit the email address for mails sent by the
      framework; that's the MailTo line.
      -

      In etc/nodes.cfg, you need to specify the network interface Bro is to
      monitor; that's the interface line.
      -

      In etc/networks.cfg, list all the networks which Bro should consider
      as local to the monitored enviroment.

thanks in advance