[Bro] Fwd: problem installing bro on ubuntu 10.04

rajasekhar reddy orsr88 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 12:53:46 PST 2011

hi

root at raj-Satellite-L300:/path/to/bro/bin# broctl start
No command 'broctl' found, did you mean:
 Command 'brctl' from package 'bridge-utils' (main)
broctl: command not found

i am getting error when i did broctl installation thru this steps

Installing a Stand-alone Bro

 This is the default installation. Configure and compile Bro as usual,
specifying the target installation path as `prefix` (we use
/usr/local/broas an example):

> cd /path/to/bro/source/distribution
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/bro
> make

   -

   Install *BroControl*:

   > make install-broctl

     (This includes the standard "make install".)

    -

   Add <prefix>/bin to your PATH.
   -

   The installation installs three configuration files which you should
   edit:
   -

      etc/broctl.cfg is the overall *BroControl* configuration. Initially,
      you probably only need to edit the email address for mails sent by the
      framework; that's the MailTo line.
      -

      In etc/nodes.cfg, you need to specify the network interface Bro is to
      monitor; that's the interface line.
      -

      In etc/networks.cfg, list all the networks which Bro should consider
      as local to the monitored enviroment.
       -

   Once you have updated these files, install the modified configuration:

   > broctl install

    -

   Some tasks need to be run on a regular basis. Insert a line like this
   into your crontab:

   0-59/5 * * * * /usr/local/bro/bin/broctl cron

    -

   Finally, you can start Bro:

   > broctl start

can anyone help me please