[Bro] policy event engine

Yuriy vin123456 at mail.ru
Fri Jan 21 06:56:19 PST 2011

Hello,

I can`t understand scripts asynchronous call behavior. When I pointing 20
second in table`s data type attributes "&create_expire=20sec", I find
unpredictable behavior: the table`s item removed not in 20 seconds, it can
be removed after 25,30 etc seconds. As I found it is depending on how many
packets in the network: if there is no packets after timer value, my timer
will never expire. And when the first packet appear, the timer immediately
expire (but, for example, has been more than a few hours).

Why is this so?

Thank you for explanation.