[Bro] Fwd: Logging an SSL Certificate

Martin Holste mcholste at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 06:57:19 PDT 2011

Yep, this happens out of the box in Bro.  By default, it will log all
certificates seen, and it also logs any invalid certificates (for many
reasons) to the notice.log file (the alert file).

Also, you shouldn't be having any TCP reassembly issues in Snort if
it's a recent version.  Snort will absolutely not do any of this SSL
stuff, so you can forget about trying to use Snort and focus on using
Bro for this.  Seth got me going with it and it works as advertised.