[Bro] Bro Digest, Vol 62, Issue 3

Chuck Little mdmonk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 13:35:32 PDT 2011

Thanks Scott! I forgot about the vlan part. So I added that policy to be
loaded, restarted bro, and it appears to be working. woo hoo!

I also had to make a couple additional mods to tunable kernel params:
# in /boot/loader.conf:
kern.ipc.nmbclusters="131072"
kern.ipc.nmbjumbo9="131072"
hw.igb.rxd="512"

# in /etc/sysctl.conf:
## Increase packet capture buffer sizes
net.bpf.maxbufsize=10485760
net.bpf.bufsize=10485760
## Increase socket buffer limits
kern.ipc.maxsockbuf=4194304

Which got rid of the "igb0: Could not setup receive structures" errors
at boot time (dmesg output). But I still have the "pcap bufsize = 0" in
each of the stderr.log log files.

I appreciate all the assistance folks!

-Chuck