[Bro] Experiences with Bro and FreeBSD 8.2 Zerocopy BPF

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Wed May 4 07:45:03 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 16:40 -0700, you wrote:

> like us, as they go forward in this direction.  If anyone has any
> suggestions, etc. (particularly in going forward with solving this problem),
> I would appreciate it.

Just a quick thought: you could see if configuring with
--disable-select-loop makes a difference. That changes the pcap code
in Bro a bit (on FreeBSD actually not that much, but still worth a
try).

If it did help, not sure what that would mean though: we have just
ripped out the alternative code path for Bro 1.6 ...

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org