[Bro] Build Fail on OS X Lion

Siwek, Jonathan Luke jsiwek at illinois.edu
Wed Nov 23 04:00:13 PST 2011

> I'm having some difficulties building the latest Bro 2.0beta on OS X Lion.

What are your versions of "flex" and "bison" ?

I've built frequently on a similar setup and my versions are flex 2.5.35 and bison (GNU Bison) 2.3.  Both are Apple-provided.

> It fails when building netflow_pac.cc.o . Log snippet below. I can provide the full screen output/log if necessary.

That's a file generated by BinPAC which depends on flex and bison, maybe there's a clue in those netflow_pac.cc and netflow_pac.h files if you could send them.

Also, was this working from a git repository or a source distribution?  If the former, the output of `git submodule` may help.

+Jon