[Bro] error: unrecognised characher

Dina Hadziosmanovic dina at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Apr 2 20:00:12 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I found somewhere in archive in 2009 that someone had this error already.
That time you guys suggested to add "use_connection_compressor=F" on the
command line. This doesn’t seem to help me.

Here is the error:

~/met/bin$ zcat 2009-M57-day11-21.trace.gz | ./bro -r -C -
frameworks/metrics/ssl-example

error in <stdin>, line 1: unrecognized character - �

error in <stdin>, line 1: unrecognized character - �

error in <stdin>, line 1: unrecognized character - �

error in <stdin>, line 1: unrecognized character - �

error in <stdin>, line 1: unknown identifier K, at or near "K"

I had it running already for few days, so I must have done sth in the
mantime:)

Thanks,

Dina