[Bro] Version: 2.0-907 -- Bro manager memory exhaustion

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Thu Aug 2 08:54:01 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 23:48 +0000, you wrote:

> The process is constantly in a uwait status which I believe indicates a
> problem with threading.

How does it look when you enable displaying individual threads in top?
Some threads will be pretty much idle most of them time, while others
should be quite busy. If it really seems to hang somewhere, attaching
a gdb should show where exactly the threads stall (in particular the
main one). But seeing the high aggregate CPU load, I'm not sure that's
what's happening.

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org