[Bro] Emerging Threats signatures on Bro ids ?

rmkml rmkml at yahoo.fr
Mon Aug 13 14:29:32 PDT 2012

Thx you for reply Seth,

ok I have started very small bench on my local network: (wget, one cnx)

-without et_bro2_11aug, download http at --limit-rate=85m, bro cpu around (top) 40%-45%

-all sigs et_bro2_11aug, download http at --limit-rate=85m, bro cpu around (top) 75%-90%

-disabled only "packet_contents" on et_bro2_11aug, download http at --limit-rate=85m, bro cpu around (top) 75%-90%

-disabled only "entity_data" on et_bro2_11aug, download http at --limit-rate=85m, bro cpu around (top) 75%-90%

-disabled only "dns_request" on et_bro2_11aug, download http at --limit-rate=85m, bro cpu around (top) 75%-90%

-disabled only "http_header" on et_bro2_11aug, download http at --limit-rate=85m, bro cpu around (top) 75%-90%

-disabled only "http_request" on et_bro2_11aug, download http at --limit-rate=85m, bro cpu around (top) 75%-90%

well, no special sig penalty.

I have discovered one pb on my case: in ids mode, bro not fire immediatly, after 5mn not fire,  fire only when I kill bro, it's possible to fire immediatly on my rule set please?

Best Regards
Rmkml