[Bro] Support SNMP and MODBUS/TCP Protocols?

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Thu Aug 16 10:46:22 PDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 14:04 +0000, you wrote:

> Thanks for the updates.  Good to know that there will be a prototype
> of MODBUS support in Bro 2.2.  Any estimates about the release
> timeline for Bro 2.2?

The actual release will still take a bit, maybe around the end of the
year. However, I'm hoping to have initial experimental support merged
into git master rather soon when 2.2 development starts (once the 2.1
release it out later this month, if all goes well).

> Can the prototype of MODBUS support also be customized to work with
> Bro 2.0 quickly? We are eager to experiment using Bro to monitor and
> analyze MODBUS/TCP traffic. :)

Once it's in git master, backporting to 2.0 or 2.1 shouldn't be
difficult (if still needed then). If you guys (or anybody else here)
could help us testing, that would be much appreciated.

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org