[Bro] Emerging Threats signatures on Bro ids ?

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Mon Aug 20 17:47:13 PDT 2012

On Aug 18, 2012, at 8:35 PM, rmkml <rmkml at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> ok please new release update (open-gpl) Emerging Threats signatures to Bro Signature langage:
>  http://88.191.140.111/et_bro2_17aug.sig

Could you please stop announcing every update you do to these signatures on our mailing list?  You are free to start your own mailing list and announce these there for all who are interested.

The signatures you are writing aren't actually something that can be deployed on most users Bro installations due to performance issues and hold very little interest for much of the community due to that.  Additionally, the signatures already exist and are tested for other platforms.  Anyone running your signatures would have to trust that you converted them into Bro scripts and signatures correctly.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro-ids.org/