[Bro] Bro-IDS ready for OpenBSD 5.2?

carlopmart carlopmart at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 07:08:56 PST 2012

Hi all,

 I have two OpenBSD 5.2 IDS sensors with snort installed acting as a
transparent bridges with CARP configured. After some time testing
Bro-IDS under a one CentOS sensor, I would like to try bro-ids under
these OpenBSD boxes as a workers and one CentOS host as a proxy and
management node but according to Bro-IDS FAQ:

"Generally, please note that we do not regularly test OpenBSD builds. We
appreciate any patches that improve Bro’s support for this platform."

 Then, is not Bro-IDS ready for OpenBSD platforms for production
environments??

Thanks.
--
CL Martinez